Braces are used for orthodontic treatment, to correct maligned or crooked teeth. The braces consists of metallic and ceramic (tooth color) slots also known as ‘brackets’ and series of wires are used to align the tooth.
In the leveling and aligning stage, a series of different wires will be used to make the teeth move to the same height (leveling) and their ideal position in the arch (aligning). In the space closing stage, the teeth will be moved towards each other to close all the spaces. In the detailing and finishing stage, the position of each tooth will be adjusted to make the entire dentition fit (occlude) together. In the retention stage, the appliances are removed and the teeth position will be maintained with retainers so that the bone structure around the teeth can regenerate.
Ceramic Braces / Clear Braces :
- Ceramic braces are clear or white to blend in with your teeth. They are less noticeable than ordinary metal braces.
- Some people feel that clear braces or ceramic braces are more comfortable than metal and irritate your gums less.
- Contrary to what you may have heard, ceramic break or come off your teeth. They are very strong, and if bound with a plasma light, stay on as well as metal brackets.
Lingual Braces :
- Lingual braces are the same as normal once except them are inserted on the inside of a patient’s mouth instead of outside Completely invisible braces.
- One of the most obvious benefits is that the braces are invisible.
- The patient can effectively maintain and clean their teeth because they are attached to the back of the teeth.
- Lingual braces are fixed which means that the patient will not need to take them out for cleaning.